Marcus Charles is an JKD Kali weapons, and Self-Defense Instructor. He has taught various Military, Law Enforcement, and civilian agencies. Marcus has been training and teaching since the age of 20. He fell in love with physical fitness at the age of 16 afer seeing and reading about Arnold Schwarzenegger. His love of bodybuilding changed to martial arts after reading an article in Muscle and Fitness magazine about Arnold's admiration of Bruce Lee. Living on the Southside of Chicago and being a security bouncer for many years, Marcus has had many encounters where he has had to defend himself.
Marcus’ goal for his students is to combine the athletic training of MMA with the Self-Defense drills of various arts to make his students grow to their full potential.
* Senior Training Officer of Progressive Fighting Systems
* Senior Instructor under Paul Vunak
* Senior Instructor under Thomas Cruse
* Full Instructor Under Larry Hartsell
* Illinois Director for JKD Grappling Association
* Associate Instructor under Dan Inosanto
* Pro Coach 1 under Erik Paulson
* Lead Pro Coach for Illinois of CSW
* Affiliate Instructor under Rick Fayes MKG
* Instructor Candidate under Francis Fong
* Pekiti Tirsia International
* Giron Escrima Affiliate
* Marcus also studied under Keith Wetosky, David Hatch, John Spezzano, Tony Checchine, Keith"The Giant Killer" Hackney, Jon " The Jet" Manos.
Keith Hackney’s Combat Academy
800 W. Lake St.
Roselle, IL 60172
10050 W. 191st St.
Mokena, IL. 60448
We are a complete Martial Arts and Fitness group that is always on the cutting edge of training whether you want sport, self-defense, personal development or just something to be part of we have a program for you.
Inosanto Martial Art Blend
JKD Grappling Association Larry Hartsell
CSW ( combat Submission Wrestling)
STX (Savate Thai cross) Erik Paulson
PFS ( Progressive fighting Systems) Paul Vunak
MKG ( Minnesota Kali Group) Rick Faye
ISSA & ACE certified to guide you in your fitness needs, weight loss, strength training etc..
Certification and or training in any or all systems with the Southside Kali twist!!
Veronica Belmont - about.me user since 2010
“First, customize your page. It’s easy and fun to design!”
Hi! I’m currently living in (City), where I work at (Work Place) doing (Job Title). When I’m not working I like to (Hobby), (Interest) and (Passion). Connect with me!
“Next, connect services and send people to your page.”
“That’s it! Let about.me do all of the work for you.”
Showcase a 360 degree view of who you are
Help people find and follow you on your social networks
Be found for new opportunities