Ranger, wildland firefighter in The Backcountry
Ranger / naturalist / wildland firefighter - passionate supporter of wildlife, conservation and the wilderness. Forestry, fire management, fire ecology, endangered species and anti-poaching advocate, backpacker, Eagle Scout, liberal progressive thinker, bibliophile, chili pepper connoisseur, coffee addict, fancier of fine wines and finer tucker
Interests: conservation, wilderness and wildlife, sustainable forestry, environment, ecosystems, biodiversity, hiking and backpacking the great outdoors, dogs (especially Alaskan Malamutes), and NY Mets baseball.
● “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir
● “The greatest danger to our future is apathy.”
- Jane Goodall
● "In wilderness is the preservation of the world."
- Henry David Thoreau
● “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” - Gandhi
● “The concept of conservation is a far truer sign of civilization than that spoilation of a continent which we once confused with progress.” - Peter Matthiessen, Wildlife in America
● “Wilderness gave us knowledge. Wilderness made us human.” - Boyd Norton, Serengeti: The Eternal Beginning
● “The least I can do is speak out for those who cannot speak for themselves.” - Jane Goodall
● "When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, You Will Realize That You Cannot Eat Money" - Native American saying