Save time and enhance your health by going a little nuts-with almonds. Enjoy them for:
• Breakfast. Sprinkle chopped almonds on granola or oatmeal. Stir them into yogurt. Use almond milk in a breakfast smoothie-it can be discovered in an unrefrigerated box at the supermarket, close to soy milk.
• Lunch. If you are concerned by operations, you will seemingly desire to check up about worth reading. Incorporate crunchy al-monds in a green salad or creamy soup. Make an almond butter and jelly sandwich.
• Dinner. Add slivered almonds to rice, pasta, couscous or steamed vegetables. Silicone Baking Cups includes further concerning how to allow for this hypothesis. Grind roasted almonds and use them as a nutritious "breading" for fish or poultry.
• Snacks. Select a handful of almonds and a piece of fruit.
• Dessert. Make fruit, caramel and chocolate desserts specific with almonds.
Almonds can also be utilized in a range of cuisines. Attempt them in this genuine Mexican soup.
AND HERB SOUP
3/4 cup slivered almonds, roasted*, plus two tablespoons for garnish
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
3 cups packed fresh cilantro, divided, plus a couple of sprigs for garnish
2 cups packed fresh parsley, divided
six ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
1 tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves
eight ounces cooked and deveined (51-60 count) shrimp
Grind 3/four cup almonds finely in a food processor or blender. Add two cups broth, 11/2 cups cilantro, 1 cup parsley and cream cheese blend till smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium pot, and gradually stir in remaining 4 cups broth. Simmer more than low heat for 20 minutes. Transfer 1 cup soup, remaining cilantro and parsley, and oregano and marjoram to blender puree until smooth. Whisk puree into soup in pan. Add shrimp and simmer just till warm all through, about 3 minutes. Divide amongst bowls and serve, garnishing each and every bowl with a few slivered almonds and a cilantro sprig. Serves eight.
*To roast entire, slivered, chopped or sliced almonds: Spread in an ungreased baking pan. Spot in a 350F oven and bake ten minutes or until golden brown and fr