Karla Vanessa Fallas
Business Systems Analyst/Product Owner and Project Manager in Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica
I was born and raised in Costa Rica's country side, so I learned to appreciate simplicity of life: those little things like the beauty of a tree, watch the rain, enjoy the sunsets, love life. Because you do not need a lot of stuff to reach happiness, one decides to be happy today, being thankful of all that has been granted. I've been working in IT for 12 years, as RUP Consultant, Requirements Engineer, Software Designer, and IT Project Manager. I like to extend my career with challenging experiences, and also with professional certifications. Currently I am Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Supply Chain Professional, and I am targeting to obtain the PMP certification. I am also studying a Masters Degree in Project Management with emphasis in IT, which has been very rewarding and valuable as well. Finally, I try to be an optimistic person. I expect I can be one you can have fun with, and one you can count on. Some of my favorite quotes:
- Work Hard. Stay Humble.
-Don't worry about the thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright. Bob Marley (the song I hear when times get tough)
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
- Without requirements or design, programming is the art of adding bugs to an empty text file. Louis Srygley
- The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present. Alice Morse Earle
- Don't say all what you think, but DO what you SAY.
- All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them. Jesus