What truly amazes me is how much my life has changed since I first set up my about.me page. It was meant to be a promotional vehicle for my endeavours as a realtor. But let's just say that real estate didn't work out at all. I don't consider this to be my fault; it's my opinion that the industry has become horribly tainted in the 21st century, and that the "business" of it all is largely dependent on the recruitment of new agents. That's another topic, though.
A brief digest of "Who is Maxwell?" would be as follows;
- Studying Fashion Management starting in September 2012
- Co-founder of a startup called Sololisting (link below)
- Hobbyist domain name investor
- Seasoned cold-caller; I've done over 250,000 cold calls in various occupations, and I am currently writing a book on the topic
- A connoisseur of older technology (i.e. favourite handset is Blackberry 7290, favourite laptop is IBM thinkpad T42 with Windows XP on it)
- Holder of many opinions contrary to the "norm" (i.e. home ownership is a poor investment, online banking never has and never will be safe, and that the perceived value of a dollar is a house of cards, to name a few)
Anyhow, that's a brief summary of who I am.
I keep this page online for transparency's sake, I know that in the formation of new business relationships and the like, one will often google a prospective individual with whom they are planning to do something.
I don't want to be the impossible-to-find mystery man, so that is why I am up front about who I am.
Thanks for visiting my page! Anyone who wishes to communicate with me via email may do so at maxwell [@] maxwell.me.