Multitalented Freelancer in San Francisco, California
--- In a nutshell ---
- I live simply, intentionally, and unconventionally for the purposes of maximizing personal and creative pursuits, overall well-being, financial independence, and social/environmental contribution
- I earn and accumulate income by trading time, skills, and effort through working a variety of freelance and creative gigs
- I maneuver through public spaces using a bicycle and various electric forms of personal transport
I explore and communicate important stories, ideas, topics, issues, and current events related to people, animals, technology, and the environment by:
- Transcribing personal thoughts and ideas into mostly comprehensible words using both analog and digital forms of information collection, storage, and mass transmission (translation: I write, blog, and tweet)
- Freezing and cloning moments of time as a photographer
- Collecting and rearranging multiple sequences of time as a video producer
- Engaging in one or several of the aforementioned creative mediums for the purposes of freelance journalism as well as social and environmental activism
--- More background ---
I'm originally from Southern California but moved to Tucson, Arizona in 2011, then to Flagstaff, Arizona in 2014, then to San Francisco in 2018. In between I've been a perpetual student and also served with AmeriCorps NCCC (and FEMA Corps) around the US for two years along with Southwest Conservation Corps in Tucson.
From 2014 to 2018 I was a full-time undergraduate student at Northern Arizona University (NAU) pursuing a bachelor's degree in Environmental & Sustainability Studies with minors in Sociology and Photojournalism.
In addition to being a student, I have worked for NAU e-Learning Center's Creative Design Group as a Video Production Assistant. I have also worked for The Lumberjack student newspaper as a Staff Photographer, Photo Editor, Web Content Director, and Web Chief. [see also LinkedIn for more]