In my current role at Imperial College London I am responsible for the cross-College activities in Open Access and Research Data Management. I shape Imperial's scholarly communications strategy and oversee its implementation across the university. This change management role involves the review and development of workflows, services and policies as well as engagement with the academic community. I represent the College externally in matters relating to open scholarship and work with partners to influence the scholarly communications landscape.
Before joining Imperial, I was a Programme Manager at Jisc (a charity delivering digital services for education and research), where I specialised on digital infrastructure, tools and methods for research.
My background is in e-research and digital humanities, and I have work experience in libraries, media, publishing and the software industry. Past employers and clients include: King's College London, the Bavarian State Library, the University of Munich, a large software company and a publisher.
Select membership of professional bodies and steering groups:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council Digital Transformations advisory group
- Association of Research Managers and Administrators (ARMA)
- Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO)
- Jisc Research Information Management group
- London Open Access Network (host)
- ORCID Communications Steering Group
- Symplectic Open Access Special Interest Group (chair)
- United Kingdom Council of Research Repositories (UKCoRR)
- University and City Library Cologne, advisory group (chair)