optometrist in Delhi, India
Padmashree Vipin Buckshey Optometrist and Contact Lens Specialistwas born at Gwalior on the 3rd of June 1955. He had his schooling from the Frank Anthony Public School and passed out in 1974. After schooling he joined the All India Institute of Medical Sciences for the Optometry course, which he qualified in the year 1977. From 1977 for five years he was the Ophthalmic Executive at Lawrence & Mayo, Delhi were a Contact Lens Division was started by him. Since 1982 till date he has been on his own and has an international standard clinic by the name of Visual Aids Centre in the posh south extension part two market. His Clinic and outlet is the only facility in India were all three forms of Vision Correction i.e. Spectacles, Contact Lenses and the Lasik Excimer laser correction is offered under one roof. Optometrist Vipin Buckshey is also the Optometrist to Excellency Honorable President of the Republic of India.
He has had the rare privilege and honour of serving seven successive Presidents’ of India apart from a very vast cream clientele from a vast cross section of our society. Vipin Buckshey is the ex President of the Indian Contact Lens Society and also Ex President of the Indian Optometric Association. He has been very active professionally and has given public lectures on various eye care related subjects at Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad, Lahore and at Colombo.
In the last two decades he has attended all major domestic conferences and a few international conferences at Portugal, Pakistan, Korea, UAE, Germany, China and in USA. Apart from his profession he is also a very keen automobile enthusiast with a very keen passion for the vintage car movement in India. He has successfully restored three rare cars, which he bought in junk condition a 1929 Austin seven, 1938 170V convertible Mercedes Benz and 1976 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow –II to their original mint condition.
Optometrist Vipin Buckshey was conferred with the National Presidential award of Padmashri by His Excellency the President of the Republic of India on 30.03.2000.