World Conference of Associations (WOCATI)
The WOCATI (World Conference of Associations of Theological Institutions), the global platform for dialogue and networking between regional associations of theological schools, was established in 1989 with its inaugural meeting at Kaliurang, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, June 19, 1989. WOCATI intends the followings:
- To provide an established and continuing dialogue forum;
- To serve as a network to promote relations of member associations;
- To serve as a platform for dialogue on the quality standards of theological education and the excellency of theological research;
- To serve as an international quality assurance agency;
- To serve as a community of learning for exploring new models of intercontextual exchange and mutual enrichment between different contextual theologies around the world;
- To serve as an advocate for exploring new ways of global resource sharing in the area of theological education and to identify new resources for the development of the global nature and contextual implications of theological education.