Yuan (Aaron) Feng
305 Jolley Hall, Washington University, St. Louis, MO 63130, USA
Office: (314)-935-4870, Mobile: (314)-603-2980, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctoral candidate with research interests in soft tissue mechanics. Diverse background in mechanical system design, MRI, image processing and finite element analysis. Teaching assistant for several core engineering courses.
Performed soft tissue indentation and shear testing, and implemented finite element analysis to verify the mechanics model based on the experiment.Implemented small animal MR elastography experiment, and developed a program for 3D phase unwrapping and displacement/strain extraction.Implemented human MR tagging experiments, and developed a program to extract brain tissue displacement information from MR images.Designed a semi-autonomous endoscopic robot using SolidWorks, carried out system kinematics analysis.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, USA, Dec. 2012
- Focus: Biomechanics and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (Advisor: Phillip V. Bayly)
- Thesis: Dynamic Deformation and Mechanical Properties of Brain Tissue
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, USA, 2011
M.S., Mechatronics Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China, 2008
- Focus: Biomimetic robotics
- Thesis: Research on a Flexible Multi-joint Intervention Device for Endoscopic Robot
B.S., Thermal Energy and Power Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Weihai, China, 2006
- Dissertation: Structure Design of a Ciliary Leg Endoscopic Robot (Rank: 1/87)