Make a name for yourself, like Abed.
You’re 7 minutes away from a page that shows who you are and what you do.
Tech Lead in Beirut, Lebanon
Tech Lead at Vinelab
Web Development & Consultancy Professional
A meticulous worker too!
Never. Stop. Learning
- Full Stack web development in PHP, MySQL, Backbone, AngularJS, KnockoutJS, Neo4j, Redis
- Software Architecture & Design
- Building RESTful APIs.
- Abstract PHP libraries that makes it easy to perform common operations.
- API client libraries for a wide variety of services.
(check my Github profile at the bottom)
- Git is my best friend. I never start a project without it no matter how simple it is.
Every orchestra needs a conductor.
- Local (dev) environment setup using Vagrant, Docker, Capistrano, Ruby-YAML.
- Live fleet of more than 12 servers with Capistrano, Ansible and Puppet (different tools for different projects not all at the same time). Managing, monitoring and maintaining a variety of services and apps likes NGINX, HAProxy, Redis, Docker being taken care of with Supervisord.
Leadership and Communication
A leader knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.
- Lead the foundation of a great dev team of 7+ colleagues at Vinelab from ground up, including workflow, coding and documentation guidelines, deployment and delivery cycles, requirements and tasks management.
- Ongoing presentations and talks about technologies, methodologies, design patterns and whatnot. It's a fast growing industry that changes often, built by developers for developers so it is important to keep in touch with the fellow geeks as much as possible. I do that through IRC, Github and a non-avoidable daily visits and participation on StackOverflow).
- Love attending valuable hackathons and meetups to grasp and discuss as much knowledge as there is.
- (Self-claimed) Very high self control under pressure and decision making situations.
Consistency and persistency is the key.
- Reduced costs of a hosted solution by 75% with less than 15 min downtime (more info upon request).
Learn from your mistakes,
- Startup project about managing contacts. Lacking entrepreneurial skills at the time.
- Deployed a Drupal project on a single instance with MySQL for a high scale project.
- Launched a distribute