Adrienne R Suazo
Dedicated, trilingual pre-med undergraduate candidate seeking a summer internship in medical research, or any related field, a passion partly realized through volunteer efforts.
Columbia University Global Brigades, Panama: CUGB is a holistic program focusing on education and infrastructural development to ensure sustainability, working with one village at a time in underdeveloped countries.
– Led “charlas”, educational sessions with families in Spanish, to establish sustainable and healthy living conditions.
– Assisted in triage by taking down symptoms, blood pressure, temperature, and weight.
– Assisted with patient consultations and prescribing/distributing medications.
Columbia College at Columbia University, GPA: 3.2
Expected Graduation 2013
– Undergraduate student with a focus in Pre-Med, majoring in Neuroscience and Behavior
– Related Course Work: Chemistry I and II, with corresponding lab, Bio I, Physics I and corresponding lab.
– International Baccalaureate and Regents Diploma, AP Calculus, European History and Honors Program.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
– Charles Drew Society: active member since January 2010.
– Columbia University Global Brigades since December 2010.
– Fluent in Spanish and conversational French.
– Advanced PC and MAC systems
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST