Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Change management, cost saving, process improvement and restructuring professional.
• Over 10 years of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Controllership experience.
• Headed finance functions of multi-countries and multi-legal entities (handled $100 to $600 million turnover).
• Lead teams of 4 to 30 staff; extensively involved in staff coaching, development, and recruitment.
• An MBA, CMA (Canada) and CISA (US). Six Sigma Green Belt trained.
• Excellent understanding of IFRS and GAAP.
• Experienced user of SAP, Oracle, and Kerridge ERPs and Cognos reporting tool.
• Advanced user of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access).
• Prepared strategic plans, annual budgets, and quarterly forecasts. Presented to Board and Senior Management.
• Undertook detailed analysis of revenues, margins, expenses, KPIs, variances, etc.
• Supervised periodic closing, reconciliations, preparation of financial statements and management reporting.
• Managed cash flow and monitored receivables, payables, and inventory levels.
• Proficient in analysis of new business initiatives and preparing feasibility studies (NPV, IRR, and Payback).
• Strong people, project and relationship management skills.
• Manufacturing & Distribution experience of Food, Consumer Products, Automotive & Medical Devices.
• International experience of working in Canada, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
Group Financial Controller MEZZAN HOLDING CO. Mar-12 to Sep-12
Financial Controller SEMBAWANG (UAE) PTE. LTD. Sep-08 to Sep-11
Division Financial Controller -Automotive ALGHANIM INDUSTRIES, Kuwait Jul-06 to Aug-08
Manager Accounting and Compliance BECTON DICKINSON, Canada Jul-03 to Jun-06
Senior Financial Analyst BANK OF MONTREAL, Canada Dec-01 to Jun 03
Manager Business Planning & Development MARMUM DAIRY, UAE Feb-00 to Jan-01
Supervising Consultant ERNST & YOUNG, Saudi Arabia May-96 to Feb-00