Equest Center For Therapeutic Riding, Inc.
Therapy in Rockford, Michigan
We improve quality of life through equine-based therapy to physically, mentally & socially/emotionally challenged individuals. Our unique program integrates academic, social and physical skills, using the horse as a catalyst.
Equest serves 165-180 special needs riders each week on a year round basis. Our center is on a 34+ acre horse farm located in Rockford, MI. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our program - without them we would not exists! Anyone and everyone is welcome to volunteer here at the equest!
To inquire about volunteering or our Therapeutic Riding program call 616-866-3066 ext 102.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
- Sidewalking with riders
- Leading horses in class
- Working in our Veteran program
- Greeting people at the welcome center desk
- Office assistance/Data entry
- Landscape and farm maintenance projects
- Special events/fundraisers
- Working with horses
- Working with kids
- Unloading hay
- And the list goes on and on!!