Amy Elizabeth Ward
lawyer, entrepreneuer, and optimist in Australia
Lawyer, entrepreneur, optimist. An idea's girl.
My expertise lies in working as a legal adviser in both the public and private sectors by identifying commercial, operational and reputation risks and mitigating adverse outcomes through the use of legal tools and solutions.
Simply put the ability to mitigate risk includes identifying an optimum commercial outcome and putting in place a strategy to implement it, intelligently and effectively negotiating to secure that outcome and finally, accurately and comprehensively documenting it.
I have developed this successful methodology through wearing a number of professional hats. This has included working for top tier international law firms, for senior government officials, with local and international non-government organisations and as in-house counsel. I have lived and worked in Australia and in a number of places in the Middle East for both short and longer periods of time including Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain, Doha, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine.
In addition to developing a successful methodology in my practice as a lawyer my ‘various hats’ have equipped me with unique professional and personal skills including:
- an ability to bring positive energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humour to team work;
- professional resilience with an ability to work hard to execute projects to agreed timeframes;
- an ability to think creatively and outside the box for solutions;
- an attention to detail that ensures documents reflect professionalism; and
- an ability to deliver legal solutions that are commercial driven.
I love making new professional acquaintances so feel free to get in touch.
'Be an encourager. The world has plenty of critics.' Dave Willis