Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
Principal/Owner: Anderson Arts
Art Business Consultant; Arts Advisor, Curator, Santa Fe, NM 2012-present
Advising/representing and collaborating with contemporary artists and collectors; engaged in on-going business with artists, gallerists and designers: Santa Fe, Minneapolis, Chicago, Miami, Texas and California.
Center for Contemporary Arts (CCA), Santa Fe, NM 2010-2012 http://www.ccasantafe.org/
Position: Executive Director and Curator
"Best of Santa Fe" in Santa Fe Reporter, 2011 reader's poll. CCA voted Best in Contemporary Arts category.
Meow Wolf's installation The Due Return http://www.ccasantafe.org/exhibitions/past/119-the-due-return set a CCA record with 11,000 gallery visitors from May-August, 2011.
• Administration: Oversight of all FTE and part-time staff; 600k budget, projections, fund raising and reporting; Strong ties with funders and Santa Fe Foundations; Re-negotiated 99 year lease with State of NM, doubled membership, established clear administrative protocols, best practices and an ethics policy, resolved HR situations, Implemented first Employee Manual; Led major Cinema facility renovation; Joomla Website.
• Curated all exhibitions and related public programming, positive press reviews for diverse exhibitions, designed and directed all exhibitions/installations in 7,000 sq. ft. of gallery space. Programming partnerships with Whole Foods, SITE Santa Fe, and Santa Fe Opera. Film: Buck set a CCA all-time attendance record.
Miami Art Museum (MAM), Miami Florida 2008-2010 http://www.miamiartmuseum.org/ (Now PAMM)
Position: Assistant Director for Exhibitions and Collections
• Administration: Collections, Exhibitions; Installations and Registration areas; FTE Staff of 7.
• Departmental Operating budget 700K; cut FY10 budget/operating costs by 18%; relocated collections from off-site to in-house; re-negotiated art services and other professional contracts.
• Negotiated all MAM Exhibition Contracts in conjunction with curators and lawyers: Hirshhorn, Albright-Knox, Walker Art Center, The New Museum, Modern Art Museum Fort Worth, City of Miami; Drafted and negotiated all formal agreements with artists, sub-contractors, art service vendors, insurance groups.
• Liaison to Herzog de Meuron Architects and Paratus Project Management Group, NYC, on $223 million 4-story MAM museum building: Consistent immersive involvement during all a