André Jamal Ishak
communication, Project Manager, and Writer in Bjølsen, Norge
I work primarily with communication, music, marketing and events.
I'm currently Head of Marketing and Communication at the annual Oslo Jazz Festival.
I also run a small record label called Sellout! Music.
I have a Masters degree in aesthetics and media science from the University of Oslo. My thesis focused on the viewer's experience of fiction in television series in the age of self representation via social media, and the confusion that comes when fiction enters reality and reality enters fiction. It is all very confusing.
◦ Film & TV editor, journalist and music reviewer for Spirit (Youth oriented culture magazine)
◦ Guest lecturer at Høgskolen i Oslo & Akershus, on the subject of television genres.
◦ Music reviewer for Plan B (Youth oriented culture magazine).
◦ Managing Editor at Aktiv I Oslo.no.
◦ Web Editor at Norsk Form
◦ Promoter at The Drop (Oslo based club night/concert series focusing on electronic music)
◦ Co-founder of a small PR and management company called Haukøye.
◦ Research assistant for the music streaming research project Sky og Scene at the University of Oslo.
◦ Web coordinator for the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Oslo.
◦ Web editor and web master for Films from the South Festival (aka Film fra Sør).
◦ Music reviewer for Furore i Harare.com.
◦ Research assistant at AKAN.