It's not just about me.
• Co-writing a new Bachelor of Design (Digital Design) course at JMC Academy in Sydney. Also lecturing at JMC.
• Peopleness - Social Design Action consultancy with founder Lissa Barnum.
• PhD Candidate at UTS : FASS. Locating and sustaining the authentic Australian songwriter within the context of digital music.
I am a former Head of College at Billy Blue College of Design and then Head of Creative Industry at Open Colleges. Before that a Visual Communication lecturer at UTS and Billy Blue.
I've been a design practitioner consistently since 1976 (Sydney, Melbourne and Los Angeles) as Creative Principal of Barnum Group Pty Ltd, a partnership with Lissa Barnum since 1982.
My expertise lies in leading and inspiring individuals and teams within highly creative, collaborative enterprise. My strength is the ability to balance leadership roles as Creative Director, College Leader, Designer and Artist. I've worked in brand strategy with leading multi-national brands in Education, Financial Services, Arts and the Community.
I hold a Master of Arts (by Research) at UTS / Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. My thesis is an argument to re-define Creativity in regards to its sustainability within the Creative Industries discourse. I am 1 of 4 authors of the book 'Graphic Design, Australian Style Manual' published by McGraw Hill 2011.
I am an internationally published Singer-Songwriter with a discography commencing in Sydney in 1982. 3 albums on iTunes: Vitabeats 'Spot the Spanner' album (1985 featuring Lissa Barnum with national Australian hits and videos for 'Boom Box' and 'Audrey Hepburn'. (See youtube for videos) Also the 'Southerly' compilation of 3 solo albums and 'Feed the Clouds' (double cd/book Amazon.com).
• Course writing in Design
• Doctoral Academic
• Social Design Action consultancy
• Socially connected academic vision and leadership.
• Brand creation, creative strategy.
• Creative craft in Graphic Design
• Passionate artist: singer-songwriter, poet and visual artist.