I love startups, tech, business, bikes and beats. I live in Boulder, CO. I live and breathe early-stage tech business. 6+ companies in about 13 years. Currently I'm working at Techstars investing in great companies and helping catalyze our awesome network of founders, mentors and more. My last company was Filtrbox, a social media engagement platform, which sold to Jive Software in 2010. Past companies include Newman Venture Advisors, CreekPath Systems (sold to OpsWare>HP), Volera, and JustOn (sold to Novell). I'm an active advisor, board member (RescueTime, QwikCart), mentor and investor.
Things I love to talk about:
- Early-stage tech
- Distruptive and Enabling technologies
- Entreprenurship and the "art of the start"
- Angel and Seed funding
- Social Media & Social Business
- Cycling (I ride road, mountain, and CX)
- Music - been playing records for 12 years (download a few sets!)
- Food & Wine - especially the two together
- Gear - Cars, bikes, gadgets and shiny new objects
I'm a 3rd generation San Franciscan who fell in love with Boulder while in college. After moving back to the bay and living (and loving) the dot-com boom and bust, I found my way back to Boulder. Finding the ideal balance of work-hard, play-hard is a practice and a journey - not a destination. I've got two awesome kids and a wife who loves and supports me, even after 13 years of startups.