Arjun Chatterjee: A Brief History
- Hails from Kolkata, did 12 years of schooling from Don Bosco, Park Circus.
- Majored in Economics from Presidency College in Kolkata in 2002.
- MBA from XLRI, Jamshedpur. Batch of 2004.
- Joined the Tata Group in 2004 as a TAS Officer (Tata Administrative Services) + served in TATA Group companies:
- Launched Knowledge Management initiative at Tata Chemicals
- Pilot Customer Loyalty Programme at the Tanishq Bangalore store.
- Developed & presented Business case for Titan's foray into retail furniture for "Future Shock" (part of their co.-wide future planning exercise)
- Rehabilitation Project in Kanyakumari following the tsunami in end-2004.
- Product Manager at Tata Communications (erstwhile, VSNL) for 2 years in the B2C Content segment. Launched Live Classes on the Internet for home audiences, a first in India
- Joined Network18 (then CNBC- TV18) in 2007 as Marketing & Product Manager for Moneycontrol.com and launched:
#India's 1st finance Mobile app –Markets on Mobile.
#IN.com in Aug '08. Became India's 2nd largest portal in 3 months flat from launch, a record.
- Feb 2010, started Digital agency, Runtime Solutions.
- Runtime has done cutting-edge work for Nokia, Nick India, Qualcomm, Mastek, Samsung, VCCircle, Wizcraft + many others on Web & Facebook
- Organised Voting Weekends for IIFA, GIMA
- Winner (Bronze) in the Public Service Category at Indian Digital Media Awards 2011 for MTV Woodland Ecolution
- Won "Star Entrepreneur of the Year" at the Annual Innovation Summit, organised by Indira College of Engineering & Management, Pune.
- WAT Awards 2012 (Gold) Social Application of the Year: MTV Woodland Ecolution
Judged Drishtikon - Inter B-school Paper Presentation Competition, part of "INSIGHT– Annual XLRI Consulting Conference" on 15th November, 2012 at ITC Grand Central, Mumbai. Theme was "Success in Uncertain Times".
XLRI CRISP: Group Personal Interview Training for Batch headed for Final Placements. This was conducted on campus ( Dec '11 & Jan'12)
Book Launch – "A Song for I" by Chandrima Pal with special Invitee Imtiaz Ali on 19th Nov, 2012 at Crossword, Kemps' Corner.