Ruby Avato

My name's Ruby Avato (not Aveto, Avatato, or Avacado), and I'm a city girl at heart. I was born and raised in the North, and moved down here about 3 years ago. Talk about culture shock!

I live with my mom and step-dad, and it's been that way since i was about 7. I've recently become a lot closer with my family, and i'm so so glad. My best friend and i have been glued to each other's sides since the 1st grade, after she invited me to her birthday party as a way of apologizing for calling me "Ruby Tuesday". She lives in New Hampshire now, 900+ miles away from me, but that doesn't matter to us.

I was raised to work hard for what I want. For 6 years, I went to band rehearsal every day, because that's what I wanted. As of now, about 90% of my time is put towards school, and the other 10% is put towards my part-time job at McDonald's. Social life? Ain't nobody got time for that. Getting into a good university has been my dream for as long as I can remember. I was definitely that 4th grader who was worrying about my college fund. (Imagine how stressed I am now about it.)

Besides the fact that i've taken Spanish class nearly 812 times, and my cat is my best friend, my teenage, cliche' life has been fairly average. I wake up, go to school, go to work, do homework, sometimes get a few hours of sleep in there, and then do it all over again the next day. I wouldn't change it for the world, though.