Well, hello there! Thanks for stopping by. My name is Miss Epicure. Here are six crucial things you need to know about me.
1. I love to eat! I don’t think there is much more to that.
2. I was raised on a meat and potatoes diet; however, I am now a vegetarian who eats fish. I am a huge fan of the plant-based diet. I’m not going to force vegetarianism on to anyone, and I will try my best to include some meat recipes. Veggies are just what I choose to eat.
3. I am a novice cook. I am learning to make great meals from a variety of ingredients, meaning I try my best to try new foods. I love the creative process of cooking. It reminds me of my first love – writing. It’s like each ingredient is a word, and the end product is like a beautiful story flawlessly written, even though my cooking is far from flawless.
4. I try to support local, organic farms as much as I possibly can. I think it is important to support local farms simply because it keeps the local economy strong, and you know exactly where your food comes from.
5. I hate the weight debate. I have always had an internal battle with my own weight, and what I have realized over the years is that it is completely ridiculous. We have bodies that are beautiful, healthy, and strong. When we give our bodies the right fuel and love them the way they are, they will love us back.
6. Finally, a random list of things that I love in addition to eating: yoga, pilates, running, writing, reading, drinking tea, exploring my city, reading books, traveling, photography, the ocean, smiling, good hair days, and of course, my family and friends.
So, that’s it about me. Let’s get cooking!