Who am I?
* Director of Social Media at Scout Card as of October 2014.
* I’m a NAIT Marketing graduate (December 2006) with honors in Applied Sales.
* My background includes market research analysis during which I have assisted my employers with national branding regulations, social media advice and with my advanced computer knowledge I was able to strategically improve processes and implement changes to increase productivity.
* I love social media, social networking, and social everything online. Twitter is awesome, it changed my life. If I wasn’t already getting married, I’d marry Twitter. (Is this possible? Please confirm.)
* In January 2015 I will be attending Guru Digital Arts College to take Digital Media Production full time to further develop my skills.
* I currently freelance as a web designer and a social media manager/consultant.
* I like iced coffee, tacos and pizza, yes, all together at the same time is an option.
* I’m not a blogger, I just like to talk a lot.
Related items you may wish to lurk further into:
* I have a couple of projects going on at Make Something Edmonton, specifically my Hashtag YEG button that is still running (ask me for one when you see me!).
* I run a button company called Belly Buttons making custom 1″ buttons. Belly Buttons has been featured in The Edmonton Examiner (March 26, 2014) and on Alberta Primetime (May 12, 2014).
* In 2012, my blog, Prairie Rose Recoveries, was nominated for a Yeggie in the “Best of Edmonton” category.
* My yarn bombing project, Skeinstas 780, has been featured in the Edmonton Journal and on CBC Radio due to my diligence and dedication to using social media as a platform to showcase the project to others.
Send me a message should you wish to chat social media, the internet, your projects, my projects, whatever! Let's connect!