Bill Yuen, P. Eng.
was elected two terms as a Vancouver Public School Board Trustee (1996-2002). Bill served as Vice Chair of the Vancouver School Board, Chair of Planning & Facilities Committee and Member of Personnel & Staff Services, Finance & Legal, Education & Student Services and Management Co-ordinating Committees.
Bill also held public service positions as Chair of Employment Insurance Appeal Board, Chair of Special Advisory Committee, Ministry of Advanced Education & Labour Market Development, Returning Officer with Elections Canada and Council Member of Regional Transition Council, Ministry of Children & Family Development.
Bill is a Professional Engineer. His engineering background, specialization in process optimization and performance improvement.
Bill is passionate about giving back to the community and has been volunteering though diverse groups, programs and projects for over 30 years. His community service includes:
- Council Member,Seniors Advocate Council of Advisers, BC.
- Founding Director, Vancouver Public Schools Foundation
- Board Member & Committee Chair, Vancouver Public Library
- Board Member & Committee Chair, Renfrew Community Services Centre
- Committee Member, Assoc. of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of B.C.
- Board Member, Association of Chinese Canadian Professionals
- Representative, Board of Management, Britannia Community Services Centre
- District Parent Representative, Vancouver School Board
- Co-chair, Parent Advisory Committee, Windermere Secondary School
- Committee Member, Norquay Village Housing Area Work Group
- Volunteer, Collingwood Crime Prevention Centre
- Fund-raiser, B.C. Children's Hospital, United Way/SUCCESS, Vancouver Public Library, Lions Club, Tapestry Foundation
Bill came to Canada in 1972 from Hong Kong and has resided in Vancouver for over 30 years. Bill enjoys volunteering, travelling and photography.
E-mail: [email protected]