Network security engineer in Wellington, New Zealand
I am an accomplished and Pre and Post sales Engineer backed by 20 years experience in the IT industry Ranging from customer support to designing and deploying a wide range of equipment into a wide range of complex corporate environments.
Specialising in 3g/4g access methods, Multicast network design, remote access, network security, communication protocols, messaging, directory services, network design and virtualisation.
Proven experience with architecting and implementing in-depth security solutions across a variety of hardware including Palo Alto firewalls, Extreme Networks switching, Tripleplay IPTV solutions and Icomera 3g/4g customer access gateways.
Demonstrated technical expertise and problem solving skills and the ability to communicate on all levels to ensure deadlines and client’s goals are achieved.
• Excellent understanding of TCP/IP
• Excellent understanding of WAN technologies
• Excellent understanding of Routing and LAN technologies
• good understanding of Microsoft platforms including Active Directory, Sharepoint and Exchange
• Excellent understanding of Virtualisation technologies
• Excellent understanding of Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Cyberoam (now Sohpos)
• Good understanding of Storage technologies including iSCSI and Fibre channel
• Excellent understanding of Anti Virus and Filtering solutions across multiple platforms
• Strong understanding of 802.1x and Certificate services
• Excellent understanding of Firewall technologies and deployment practices
• Good understanding of web services technologies
• Good understanding of 3g/4g access methologies
Specialties: Switching & Routing (Extreme Networks and Cisco), Firewalls (Palo Alto and Fortinet)
Firewalls (Palo Alto, Fortinet, Sophos, Cyberoam)
SIEM - Trustwave
Inducted member of the Palo Alto networks advanced network defence and training program
I am currently certified as a PCNSE with Palo Alto Networks.