Chris is a Senior Associate in the market-leading Technology, Outsourcing and Privacy law team at Fieldfisher.
Originally training in technology, media and telecommunications, commercial dispute resolution, commercial property, and corporate/commercial law, he spent a brief period studying leadership in the British Army. Upon returning to private practice, an interesting six months on client secondment followed, supporting the Royal Bank of Scotland's Business Services legal team during the latter half of 2012.
In 2013/14, Chris was seconded for six months to a well-recognised global consumer goods manufacturer and distributor in Switzerland, where he led the negotiation of a variety of IT contracts with, among others, Oracle, IBM, HP, Accenture, Google, and Citrix.
He is experienced in drafting and negotiating outsourcing and other contracts (particularly in relation to business critical IT systems), advising on privacy and data protection, and providing specialist support in relation to IP, IT and technology aspects of corporate transactions. His other core interests include providing intellectual property and commercial contract advice in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Some recent experience:
- advising a global IT outsourcing provider and systems integrator on its deal with a UK utilities provider for the implementation of smart metering;
- renegotiating the title sponsorship arrangements for the RBS Six Nations Rugby tournament;
- lead legal advisor to Digital UK (owned and funded by the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, and Arqiva) on its ground-breaking 'Freeview Play' project, and the contractual arrangements for the licensing of electronic programme guide data;
- supporting a global aerospace and defence firm in a significant IT integration project of national importance relating to the design and construction of nuclear submarines;
- negotiating a managed print outsourcing for a household name financial institution;
- preparing contractual arrangements on behalf of a national commercial property company for the roll-out of public access Wi-Fi in a number of high profile shopping centres;
- advising a Premier League football club in relation to an IT outsourcing of its ticketing function.