Teacher, trainer, and Education Management in Dublin, Ireland
Chris Farrell is the Head of Training and Development for the CES Group. He is the Head of the Celta Centre in CES Dublin and a Delta Trainer. He is a committee member for TDSIG in the area of Scholarly Publications. He is the founder and co-ordinator of the Trinity Irish Research Scheme for Teaching. He is the Chair of the English UK TD Advisory Board. He often speaks at International events on behalf of both CES and Eaquals and lectures in the ALC in UCD.
1. INTO: Four-week project writing content for their new AE and PSE VLE.
2. NILE: Creation of a Course entitled ‘Moving Your School Online’.
3. Trinity College London: Development of a course entitled Trinity Teaching Online (TTO).
2015-2020: Various Courses Inc: Trainer Development Course (NILE); From Teacher to Trainer (NILE); Action Research (IH); Becoming a Delta Trainer (NILE); Teaching English Online (Cambridge).
2014: Cambridge Delta (International House London
2005: Certificate in English Language Teaching (CES Dublin)
2001-2005: BA History and Politics; MA Early Modern History (University College Dublin)
Various Consultancy Roles
· INTO, NILE, Trinity College London
· Cengage: Advisory role on the future of ELT and adapting course books for online use
Head of Training and Development, CES Group (UK, Ireland, and Canada).
· This role involves the coordination, supervision, and quality assurance of all of the training provision in CES
Head of Teacher Development, CES Group (UK, Ireland, and Canada).
· Creation and delivery of TD provision across a group of language institutions.
· Observing and diagnosing individuals to create bespoke development paths.
Committees and Boards
2019-Current: English UK: Chair of Academic Advisory Board
2017-Current: IATEFL TDSIG: Committee member and Editor of TD Academic Journal
2017-2018: Eaquals: Academic Blog Editor
Plenary: IHWO Academic Conference 2019; International Language Symposium Brno.
Workshops: English UK Conference; ELT Ireland Conference; EUK Scotland Conference; IATEFL Conference; Eaquals; ELT Forum Bratislava; IH Barcelona Conference.
Webinars: ‘What does a fully online school look like?’; ‘Exploiting the online classroom: blending synchronous and asynchronous learning’ (Both English UK); ‘Supporting Teachers in the Online’ (English UK and Eaquals).