Prince George's County, MD/Washington, D.C.
I am a Motivational and Community Speaker with emphasis primarily on the matter regarding HIV and AIDS. HIV/AIDS impacts us individually and collectively. We have all lost either family members, friends or know of those who have experience loss and suffering from this disease. However, I am a “living” and I say “a “Living” witness that, with God by our side, we can all claim that being infected is “not” a death sentence.
At the tender age of twelve (12), I became a victim of sexual assault. To put it more bluntly, I was “rape”. I was also addicted to that substance we call “alcohol” and “narcotics”. But through it all, I knew and to this date know that nobody but the Spirit of God, residing deep in my soul –kept me. Through the suffering, I knew that My God would keep me from falling if I would just hold on and wait for my newer season of God’s mercies and grace. For I know he has a greater work for me, even now at the young age of 55.
I now know that YOU can also make it through-that is if you have the desire in your heart to press on and even make a difference.
I was a volunteer on several sexual assault initiatives, including but not limited working with Ms. Cherly Banks and others at the Prince Georges County Hospital.
- I worked with Mrs. Deidra Spears Johnson, of Heart to Hand.
- I have been doing public speaking, particularly to the women via the Prince Georges County Health Department
- I have spoken at various conferences including the Prince Georges’ Chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership (SCLC)Ministerial Coalition Against HIV/AIDS. It was at thie 2010 conference where I met Rev. Paul Smith, who spoke into my spirit an ew season.
- I am assisting on the Outreach Ministries at the Spirit of Peace Baptist Church, under the pastorate of Rev. Ronald K. Austin.
- I have also spoken at the World Aids Day commemoration sponsored by Prince Georges County, MD.
- I have spoken at the House of Delegates; working with Delegate C.T. Wilson to get bills and legislations.
- I been HIV+ for 30years
- I am a proud Grand-MoM
- My heart is to reach out and encourage others.
- My favorite scriptures are John 3:16, and Matthew 28:37-39.
In Jesus Name!