Windows XP Home Edition does not support IIS
1. You may need to put your Windows XP Pro CD to the PC.
2. Go to Get a grip on Panel, Add Remove Applications, then Add/Remove Windows Components. Within the Win-dows Components window, place a check mark
beside Internet Information Ser-vices (IIS), then click next, then click end.
3. All through installation, Win-dows places several records there and creates an index at C:inetpubwwwroot. You will see the home page of your
Internet browser by typing http://localhost or http://COMPUTER_NAME (where COMPUTER_NAME is the actual name of your computer) into the
Handle bar of any browser. You must see some simple IIS data within the web, if you havent put any records in C:inetpubwwwroot
browser at this address.
4. Your web server is currently working. The console for IIS is situated in Get a handle on Panel > Administration Tools (if you use Classic View; under
Performance and Maintenance or even).
Another steps are for adding a fresh virtual directory.
5. To add a brand new virtual directory, open the IIS management console (stage 4), click the plus signs on the left until you see Default Web
Site, then right-click onto it and select New > Virtual Directory.
6. The Virtual Directory Creation Wizard has become on the screen. Click Next on the first screen. Get more on a related web resource by browsing to account. Sort an Alias for the website. I learned about http://calebzaoe.postbit.com by searching Google Books. This is
the name you will type after http://localhost to view your website ( example: http://localhost/ALIAS ). Click Next.
7. Now you should enter the directory path. Click Browse and search to the appropriate file location to your new sites records. This
Area will most likely be C:inetpubwwwrootALIAS. Click next.
8. To the last screen you'll see security information. If you should be not concerned about implementing security, examine all of the containers. In the event that you
Desire to run ASP scripts, choose the first two. Click next.
9. Your virtual directory is initiated. Your Http://Ellisqght.Centerblog.Net is a compelling online database for more about the reason for this