Assistant University Professor in Spain
Ph.D. Higinio González-García is a Sports Science and Education Professor. Particularly, he is Bachelor in Sports Science and Bachelor in Psychopedagogy. Besides, he has Master's Degree Studies in Sports Performance and Health; and a Master in Human Resources. His main research lines are the relationship between parental education and sports performance, the psychological characteristics related to sports performance in table tennis, the experience of emotions in sport and Coach's leadership in sport.
To sum up his experience and career:
- Regarding publications, it highlights more than 30 articles in indexed journals (10 in JCR Journals, 16 in Scopus Journals and 9 indexed in Dialnet).
- Concerning books, it is worthy to mention the writing of two books: Baile Deportivo ¿Qué debo saber como padre (Editorial: Wanceulen) and Perfiles Paternos de Riesgo en el Desarrollo Psicosocial (Didactic Book)
- As a teaching university experience, it is crucial to point out his wide field of expertise, in which he has taught subjects of education (Learning and Personality Development, School Organization, Society and Education Policy), Sports Science (Physical Education Teaching and Racket Sports) and a Course in Social Science Research Culture.
- He has advised more than 40 Master Thesis for the following degrees: Master of Secondary Teaching, Master of Food, Physical Activity and Health, Master of Psychopedagogy and Master of Learning Disabilities.
- He has attended to more than 50 congresses all around Europe.
- He collaborates as a reviewer of: Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, International Journal of Sport Sciences and Coaching, Revista Iberoamericana de Psicología del Ejercicio y el Deporte, Retos: Nuevas tendencias en Educación Física, Revista Kronos, Revista digital EmasF, Revista Salud y Drogas and Revista Iberoamericana de Ciencias de la Actividad Física y el Deporte.
- As a professional experience, he was a Table tennis coach for 10 years, coaching high-performance players and amateurs. Besides, he was a personal trainer of table tennis players, endurance athletes and police. It is remarkable on his experience his work as a sports manager for one year and a half in Valencian Community Government (mainly working in adaptive sports management among others).
- Another relevant information is that he collaborates with the Valencian College of Sports Science as a board member and he is also the director of the journal from the cited organization.