Windows XP Home Edition doesn't support IIS
1. You might need to put your Windows XP Pro CD in to the PC. Be taught extra resources about http://eloyhaql.mylivepage.com by going to our astonishing encyclopedia.
2. Visit Control Panel, Add Eliminate Plans, then Add/Remove Win-dows Components. Within the Windows Components window, place a check-mark
beside Internet Information Ser-vices (IIS), then click next, then click finish.
3. Throughout installation, Win-dows places a few files there and creates a directory at C:inetpubwwwroot. You can view your home page of your
Browser by typing http://localhost or http://COMPUTER_NAME (where COMPUTER_NAME is the real name of your pc) in to the
Handle bar of any internet browser. You should see some basic IIS information within the web, if you havent placed any documents in C:inetpubwwwroot
Visitor at this address.
4. Your web server is currently working. The system for IIS is located in Get a grip on Panel > Administration Tools (if you use Classic View; under
Performance and Maintenance if not).
The following steps are for adding a new virtual directory.
5. To include a fresh virtual directory, open the IIS management console (step 4), click the plus signs on-the left until you see Default Web
Site, then right-click on it and select New > Virtual Directory.
6. The Virtual Directory Creation Wizard is now on the screen. Click Next o-n the initial screen. Sort an Alias for your site. This will be
the name you'll sort after http://localhost to view your site ( example: http://localhost/ALIAS ). Click Next.
7. Now you have to enter the directory path. Click Browse and search to the correct folder location for the new websites files. This
Place will most likely be C:inetpubwwwrootALIAS. Click next. Visiting patent pending possibly provides lessons you might tell your family friend.
8. On the last screen you'll see safety information. Examine all of the boxes, If you are not concerned about implementing security. In the event that you
Need to run ASP texts, find the first two. Press next. Discover more on http://irvinifhk.jigsy.com by visiting our salient portfolio.
9. Your virtual directory is se