Seoul, South Korea.
During my career, I have established a highly diverse range of market knowledge combined with a track record in crafting strategic business models, guiding breakthrough products, and fostering dynamic client relationships. Previously at Ericsson, I provided leadership of Northeast Asia including media delivery network, video distribution, mobile broadcast, and multiscreen TV solutions. For example, I was responsible for overseeing large-scale projects, such as a $45 million Tu media broadcast center and $13 million KDMC digital cable broadcast center. Moreover, I was a key contributor to first-time telecom offerings like satellite DBM service, Internet service over satellite using VSAT, and digital cable system using multiple middleware. Currently, I am running a consumer-oriented business where I have enhanced my entrepreneurial and leadership skills, and I believe this will offer a significant benefit to my next employer. My qualifications also include:
• Proven management oversight that resulted in earning #1 ranked market share over a four-year period for Ericsson with no margin losses.
• Exemplary leadership of division start-ups resulting in significant growth to multimillion dollar revenue, such as the MiraeOnline satellite business and Cudo’s media division.
• Top performance recognized with an Ericsson Sales Person of the Year Award.
• Expertise in content aggregation, processing, and transmission to IPTV and cable operators.
• Ability to identify and secure mission-critical partnerships with leading companies such as Harmonic, Bigband, Cisco, Concurrent, Irdeto, NDS, STM Wireless, Toshiba, and NEC.
• Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
• Excellent communication abilities and team-oriented leadership style with a commitment to bottom line results.
• Strong network of contacts including senior-level telco executives.