Nashville, Tn, Usa
I am: family man, father of two, web technology geek, photographer, seeker of inspiration, open source professional, Drupal evangelist and supporter of green living .
I began my career in the newspaper and printing world, planning and managing technical workflow solutions for many large media companies. As the newspaper world transitioned their presence to the web, I found a new passion applying my experience to content management systems and the challenges of ensuring businesses make the web a key part of their engagement strategy.
Fast forward 15 years and today I am a passionate expert in the open source community with a heavy focus on the Drupal content management framework. I spend my days/nights helping customers build engaging strategies, finding new ways to evangelize in the open source community, and planning new products and solutions for customers and partners. Having executed planning and development on 200+ websites during my career, I bring a broad cross section of web experience to any project. I have worked with and led teams for some of the biggest web initiatives in the world, including:
- Leading the digital support team for Thomson Reuters during the 2012 Summer Olympics,
- Leading the 24 hour on-call support team for NBC during the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Managing the hosting infrastructure for the launch of multiple NBC brands including NBC.com, MSNBC, SYFY, Sprout, Jimmy Fallon, Golf Channel, Comcast Sports Network, and several others.
- Leading the migration and relaunch of more than 300 Johnson and Johnson brands
- Architecting and executing major digital initiatives for Dartmouth University, Lehigh University and the State of New York Department of Motor Vehicles
In my free time, you most likely find me tending bees on top of the Music City Center here in Nashville, trying to keep my chickens contained, spending time with my family or tinkering in my design studio on my next big project. I am passionate about social change, the creative arts and being the change that is needed to make our world a better place.