Product Owner in Seattle, Washington
Obsessed with Tech Startups for Social Good.
Sustainability, Community-Building, Media & Mountains make my Heart Sing.
I like work; meaningful work. I like to climb up mountains before I ski down them. The only way around a city is by bicycle.
Founder, ActivateHub.org: an event aggregator and community engagement platform for social good. Currently in Beta for civic & activist events in Portland, Detroit, Seattle & Ft. Lauderdale - and for the Oakland Makers Community. Responsible for product design, site testing, project management, volunteer recruitment, business strategy and much more. My baby. Ask me more!
Public Speaking & Consulting: Lightening talks and unconference sessions about Activism & Technology for Social Good, (OSCON, CLS, OS Bridge). Previously spoke on numerous panels about universal healthcare. Consulting on organizing hackathons for specific development projects.
* Producer (The Canada Effect) - became a full feature doc narrated by Kiefer Sutherland (The Healthcare Movie), screened around the country and premiered at three film festivals. Spoke on many universal healthcare panels.
* Founding member of the Cincinnati Fringe Festival, now in its 10th year, but more importantly - the thing that spurred the amazing renaissance of that beautiful, broken city!
* Founder of the 501(c)3 Safehouse - a community center for teens.
* Organizer of a multitude of music and arts festivals.
* Voice over artist, journalist, and previous radio personality.
Somewhere Along the Way: Organizer at Carfree Cities Conf (Pdx 2008), Chicks Rock Fest ('Nati 2005). Instigated Critical Mass rides & MoBo Bike Coop (Cincy 2005). Creator of BASH music festival & fundraiser (Flag 2002). Wrote, produced and toured a one-woman musical (2006). Independent contractor for experiential marketing initiatives (2002-2006)
Jersey girl drive meets West Coast idealogies.