Content strategist in Cape Town, South Africa
I've been working in the social media space since 2006. Yes, that's before 'social media' was a thing. I worked with blogs and forums and did 'social' stuff with posts and hyperlinks and websites.
7 years later, and I've had the opportunity to work on social strategy and creative campaigns with brands like ABSA, Adidas, Big Blue, Black River FC, 5FM, MasterCard, Nando’s, Nedbank, Ogilvy, SAA, South African Breweries, Toyota, Vodacom and Woolworths.
My Copywriting, PR and Marketing journey (fuelled by my inner geek) guided me into the digital space. I love what I do. I'm currently Director of Content Strategy at Ogilvy & Mather in Cape Town.
- Winner 2011, The Bookmarks: Best Social Media Marketer
- Cannes Lions Bronze campaign 2012 for Nando's Last Dictator - best use of integrated media with Retroviral & Black River FC
- Gold PRISA PRISM award 2011 (Digital strategist with Retroviral agency for Nando's)
- Loeries finalist - Internet PR category (For Nando's with Retroviral agency)
- Silver PRISA PRISM award 2008 - OnlinePR for Big Blue