San Francisco, CA
Michael is a serial entrepreneur and has been a founder or executive at four startups:
- Vontu - Co-founder and VP of Products - $350M acquisition by Symantec.
- Kana - VP of Engineering, employee #2 - 1999 IPO
- I/PRO - Director of Engineering, employee #2 - $200M acquisition by Engage
- Pipewise - Founder and CEO
Mike has also worked with the following organizations:
- Benchmark Capital - EIR in 2002 and 2009
- Symantec - CTO of the Enterprise Group, General Manager, DLP group 2007-2009 (post merger)
- Averail - Board of Directors, 2011-
- StartX - Mentor and lecturer, 2010-
- Zendesk - Board of Directors, 2010
- Goldman Sachs - Mike started his career at Goldman in New York and London.
He is on the advisory boards or is an investor in Fliptop, Hall, Hipmob, Contentful, Zerocater, and Credii.
Mike is a frequent contributor to Quora, and his writing has been featured in Forbes and Huffington Post.
Mike has taught at Stanford, Berkeley Extension, has lectured as several business schools, and enjoys speaking at conferences about startup life.