Teacher, Personal Trainer, and Life Coach in Bengaluru, India
A.M. Mohanan, is an Economic Graduate with Master Degree and PG Diploma in Yoga from Annamalai University, India. He has been teaching yoga for many years to people of all walks of life in India, South Korea, China, Thailand and Malaysia. He conducted Yoga Teachers Training Course for international students in Tianjin, China. He worked until January 2017 in Malaysia, and currently living in Bangalore, India.
Mohanan began his formal yoga study under senior disciple of Swami Vishnu Devananda of Sivananda lineage of teachings where he experienced a firm foundation of inner discipline. In 1990, he received his first title “Yoga Siromani – Teacher of Yoga” from his master Swami Vishnu Devananda (a Senior disciple of Swami Sivananda), International Yoga Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, India (Hqr. Quebec, Canada) for training and meritorious service rendered in the field of propagation of yoga. In 1995, he once again received an internationally recognized teachers training certificate from the Sivananda Organization which is recognized by the US Yoga Alliance. In 1996, he completed Advance Teachers Training Certificate and received his title “Yoga Acharya – Master of Yoga” as a result of steadfast pursuit of yogic techniques. In 2000, he successfully completed his Yoga Instructor Course with “A-Grade” from S VYASA (A deemed University) and in 2009, he received his title “Yoga Bhaskara” for Intensive Yoga Training at Himalaya from Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center as a result of steadfast pursuit of yogic techniques at Uttarkashi, Himalaya. In addition to the above, he has taken part in various meditation techniques from OSHO Meditation Center, Vipasana Meditation Center.
1. “Meritorious Award” for yoga demo from TNYC, India.
2. “Star of Holistic Health Science” for priceless contribution and stupendous achievements in the field of Holistic Natural Health Science during 6th World Congress of Holistic Natural Health Science, India.
3. “Excellence Award” in recognition of outstanding contribution in serving for the development of yoga during National Congress on Holistic Health Science, India in 2004.
4. “Sewa Ratna Award” in recognition of services in the field of Health and Healing on the occasion of 2nd International Seminar on Health & Environment organized by Indian Board of Education & Research, India in 2005.
5. Panel Judge – Malaysian International Yoga Competition in 2011.
Membership: (1) Indian Yoga Association (2) RYT - Yoga Alliance, USA