Editor and Writer in Los Angeles, California
EDITORIAL STRATEGIST + CONTENT CONSULTANT
CONTACT ME: naomi.iy at gmail.com
ABOUT ME: I have a unique record of success building high-traffic verticals and leading website launches and re-launches. I combine data-driven strategy, a deep understanding of SEO, and old-fashioned editorial excellence.
I work full-time as a managing editor, but I also consult for brands that want to build larger followings.
WHAT I DO (The Full Package):
Analyze Metrics * Analyze Editorial + Content * Create Content Strategy * Create Editorial Calendar * Analyze Social Media Metrics * Create Social Media Strategy * Analyze Site SEO * Create SEO Strategy * Create Style Guide + Best Practices for All Platforms * Hire Writers + Content Creators * Create Content Process + Workflow * Train New Creators in Process * Create Inbound Marketing Strategy * Create Content Partnerships
WHAT IT TAKES: This process takes 50-75 hours and costs ~$8-20,000. After the initial package, I often continue working for clients on retainer for 5-10 hours per month. This time is usually spent doing video consultations and and analyzing metrics.
THE FINE PRINT: I am only offering this full-service package and am not taking smaller projects. This package works well for start-ups and mid-sized companies that want to take their digital presence to the next level. I live at the intersection of words and technology, so I truly enjoy this work.
SOME OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
* I was a food expert and editor for About.com for eight years. I tripled site traffic in my category in the first six months and went on to create one of the busiest Asian food sites on the web.
* I helped build WorldLifestyle from the ground-up as editor-in-chief. It was one of the fastest growing lifestyle sites in 2014 and has over 5M unique visitors a month.
* I helped triple site traffic and double social engagement in my first year as managing editor and social media director at Forks Over Knives.
* I helped launch new verticals at Heavy.com, a site with over 20M monthly unique visitors.
* I helped build a new food vertical for WonderHowTo, a site with over 15M monthly unique visitors.
I am passionate about helping people improve their lives, so I only work for companies that align with this mission.