Editor and Writer in Los Angeles, California
EDITORIAL STRATEGIST + CONTENT CONSULTANT
CONTACT ME: naomi.iy at gmail.com
ABOUT ME: I have a unique record of success building high-traffic websites, verticals, and audiences. I've also led highly successful app and product launches. I combine data-driven strategy, a deep understanding of SEO, and old-fashioned editorial excellence.
I'm known for building and growing strong and loyal audiences in a sea of internet noise.
WHAT I DO
CREATE a strategy to build or grow your audience.
IMPLEMENT the strategy.
TEACH you how to continue to do it.
I customize the plan to your needs and goals, but it usually includes many of these components:
Analyze Metrics * Audit Content * Create Content Strategy * Create Editorial Calendar * Analyze Social Media Metrics * Create Social Media Strategy * Analyze Site SEO * Create SEO Strategy * Create Style Guide for All Platforms * Consult in Hiring Content Creators * Create Content Process + Workflow * Train New Creators in Process * Create Inbound Marketing Strategy * Consult in Creating Content Partnerships * Create Influencer Marketing Strategy
WHAT IT TAKES: This process takes 50-75 hours and costs ~$8-20,000. I often also continue working for clients on retainer for 5-10 hours per month.
THE FINE PRINT: I am only offering this full-service package and am not taking smaller projects. This package works well for start-ups and mid-sized companies that want to take their digital presence to the next level. I live at the intersection of words and technology, so I truly enjoy this work.
SOME OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
* I was a food editor for About.com for eight years. I tripled site traffic in my category in the first six months and went on to create one of the busiest Asian food sites on the web.
* I helped build WorldLifestyle from the ground-up as editor-in-chief. It was one of the fastest growing lifestyle sites in 2014 and had over 5M unique visitors a month.
* I tripled site traffic and doubled social engagement in my first year as managing editor and social media director at Forks Over Knives.
* I quadrupled site traffic and grew social followings by over 200% as the editor-in-chief of Blue Zones.
* I helped launch new verticals at Heavy.com, a site with over 20M monthly uniques.
* I helped build a new food vertical for WonderHowTo, a site with over 15M monthly uniques.
I am passionate about helping people improve their lives, so I only work for companies that align with this mission.