editorial director and content consultant in Los Angeles, California
I create meaningful stories, experiences, and products that inspire people to improve themselves and our world for the better.
ABOUT ME: I have a unique record of success building high-traffic websites, verticals, and audiences. I've also led highly successful app and product launches. I combine data-driven strategy, a deep understanding of SEO, and old-fashioned editorial excellence.
I'm known for building and growing strong and loyal audiences in a sea of internet noise.
WHAT I DO
CREATE a strategy to build or grow your audience.
IMPLEMENT the strategy.
TEACH you how to continue to do it.
I customize the plan to each client, but it often includes:
*Analyze and Audit Metrics, Content, Social Media, and SEO
*Create Content, Social Media, and SEO Strategies
*Create Style Guide and Thought Leadership Strategies
*Consult in Creating Content and Influencer Partnerships
*Consult in Hiring Content Creators
*Create Content Process + Workflow
WHAT IT TAKES: This process takes 2-4 months (50-100 hours) and usually costs ~$8-25,000. I often also continue working for clients on retainer for 4-8 hours per month.
THE FINE PRINT: I am only offering this full-service package and am not taking smaller projects. This package works well for start-ups and mid-sized companies that want to take their digital presence to the next level.
SOME OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
*I launched the Forks Over Knives magazine to expand the brand, and it had one of the most successful newsstand launches and sale rates in recent history.
* I was a food editor for About.com for eight years. I tripled site traffic in my category in the first six months and went on to create one of the busiest Asian food sites on the web.
* I helped build WorldLifestyle from the ground-up as editor-in-chief. It was one of the fastest growing lifestyle sites in 2014 at over 5M unique visitors a month.
* I quadrupled site traffic and grew social followings by over 200% as the editor-in-chief of Blue Zones.
*I curated the historic Flashlight exhibit at the Mayme Clayton Museum in Los Angeles in 2017, the first-ever large-scale exhibition to explore the African-American experience through children’s literature.
* I helped launch new verticals at Heavy.com, a site with over 20M monthly uniques.
* I helped build a new food vertical for WonderHowTo, a site with over 15M monthly uniques.
I am passionate about helping people improve their lives, so I only work for companies that align with this mission.