Restoration Association San Diego
Restoration Contractor in San Diego, California
Why Water Damage Should Never be Left Untreated
The San Diego Water Damage Restoration Contractors’ Association is urging homeowners to remediate as soon as possible water damage that has occurred in their homes. According to the water damage association, bigger damage and repair expenses await those who are foregoing professional restoration service.
1. Accidents and injuries – leaks and water pooling on the floor can definitely cause slips and injuries to any member of the household. It is best that leaks be addressed immediately to avoid such injuries on household members.
2. Vector-Borne Illnesses – Pooling water can bring about mosquito-borne diseases like malaria, dengue, encephalitis, and Chingkungunya. It is best to immediately address basement flooding, and extract as soon as possible any pooling flood water at home.
3. Other diseases – Flooding can be very unsanitary especially if it has touched sewage or toilet water. Such flood water carry germs, bacteria, viruses and microorganisms that can cause sicknesses.
4. Structural Damage – Leaks and floodwaters can cause a structural damage in various parts of the home. Roof leaks for one may damage the ceiling as well as the other parts of the roofing. It can also cause rusting as well as warping on walls, and damage to flooring.
5. Mold and Mildew – Mold grows in damp and moist places within 48 hours, so if water damage has occurred for much longer than that then expect structures to have mold and mildew.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has discussed the possible repercussions of molds in human health. One of the illnesses mentioned in their website post are allergic reactions.
“In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children.” The rest of the material can be found here.
Super Dry San Diego Flood Restoration
10801 Vista Sorrento Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92121