Project Manager in Portland, Oregon
Richard is a professional innovation manager in the semiconductor and high-tech domain, currently in the role of Senior Managing Partner for the S+IG (Strategy + Innovation Group LLC ). Richard's previous role was as Intel's Global Innovation Program Manager and Senior Instructor for Systematic Innovation Methods where he co-architected, drove and delivered $212.5M in ROI (Cost savings, cost avoidance. benefit, etc...) across the Intel enterprise.
Working @ Intel for almost 10 years in the Design, Operations, Manufacturing, R&D, Technology Development and IT organizations he trained +850 engineers, scientists, technology developers, managers, directors, Intel fellows, program and project managers from all levels of the Intel enterprise. His efforts yielded two patents and he was awarded the Intel Manufacturing Excellence Award, along with 5 different Intel Divisional Recognition Awards, and achieving certifications as a TRIZ Expert, and an Innovation Master certification.
Since 2004 Richard has been developing the capabilities and competencies for the S+IG where he has been focusing on assisting OEMs and SMEs build innovative core competencies into their organizations by leveraging best practices in innovation management and strategy tools, frameworks, and methods. With special emphasis on project & program development, consulting and training. Specific competencies in Advanced Complex Problem Solving and Problem Finding, Organizational Architecture for Innovation, Innovation Management, IP (Intellectual Property), Strategy, Innovation Change Agency as well as custom innovation training programs and projects for clients.
Richard has also been a Guest Lecturer at the following academic institutions / professional organizations:
• Portland State University to the Engineering and Technology Management Department (Technology Forecasting using Systematic Innovation Methods)
• University of Portland for the Leadership and Professional Excellence Program (Leadership Skills for Entrepreneurs with MBA's)and (Innovation Systems and Controls for the Corporate Environment)
• University of Manila, Philippines
• Association of Semiconductor and Electronics Manufacturing Engineers of the Philippines
• SMTA (Surface Mount Technology Association)
• iQPC (international Quality and Productivity Center)
• PDMA (Product Development and Management Association)
• SME (Society of Manufacturing Enginee