Randy W. Whited
Genealogist, Genealogy Educator, and Genetic Genealogy Consultant Based in Austin, TX
Randy Whited has been an avid genealogist for over thirty years and a genealogy educator since 2006. From his BA in Astronomy from the University of Texas, to 20 years in the fields of information technology and business intelligence, Randy’s personal, professional and educational interests all converge around turning data into stories and educating others.
Genetic Genealogy Experience
- Genetic genealogy educator since 2007
- Leader of Austin (TX) Genealogical Society DNA Special Interest Group since 2015
- Administrator, Whitehead/Whited/Whitted FTDNA Surname Project, 2006-present
- Presented at the local, regional and national levels including FGS, SCGS Jamboree, Texas State Genealogical Society, RootsTech, and Global Family Reunion
- Admin, DNA Newbie and GEDmatch.com User Group Facebook groups
- Independent developer of Visual Phasing method
- Extensive testing and analysis experience at each of the major genetic genealogy companies (23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA, and MyHeritage)
- Knowledge of the benefits and limitations of each testing company and test
- Extensive experience with third-party tools such as GEDmatch, DNA Painter, the Shared cM Project, etc.