Journalist in Pakistan
Award-winning Journalist. Avid reader. Curious soul. Lifelong learner.
Love: Family. Nature. Books. Coffee. Tech.
Current: Pakistan Correspondent for Gulf News.
Cover: Covering politics and general news with a focus on Security and Defense, Diplomatic and Foreign Affairs, Technology, Climate, Health among other topics.
- Asia Editor for Tribune International (Australia)
- Digital Media Manager for Tele-Visual Infolink (TVI).
- Staff Reporter for Pakistan Observer.
Fellowships and Achievements:
- Won 2 Media Awards for articles on Innovation and Women Empowerment published in Gulf News and Arab News in 2019.
- Won 2 Journalism Awards for feature articles on Technology and Tourism published in Gulf News in 2017.
- U.S.-Pakistan Journalism Exchange Fellow 2015 by International Center for Journalists (ICFJ). Worked at a US newsroom, The Forum of Fargo‑Moorhead in Fargo (North Dakota, US), during the fellowship.
- Assisted in the publication of three books: ‘Web Guide to Pakistan’ and 2 editions of ‘Pakistan Media & PR Guide’ by TVI.
- In 2015, I founded Islamabad Scene - an exclusive website that explores the social and cultural life of Islamabad by covering the latest news, events and trends from the city.
- Contributed Infographics and research articles to International Relations Insights and Analysis (IRIA).
- Attended fellowships and training in US, France, China, Malaysia, Thailand, UAE, Singapore, Australia, Bangladesh, India and Nepal.
Future plans: Write a book. Explore Data Journalism.