Medical Doctor and Positive Psychology Writer in New Delhi, India
Hi, I'm Dr. Sandip Roy, a medical doctor, and psychology blogger, currently living in Delhi, India.
Registered with the Delhi Medical Council (DMC). Practicing as a General Practitioner (GP) and Family Physician (FP) since 2001.
My parallel interests are reading non-fiction, writing, hobby astronomy, chess, and Stoicism.
The founder of Happiness India Project and chief editor of The Happiness Blog.
Happiness India Project is a resource site on the Psychology and Philosophy of Happiness. It is also about sharing well-being strategies from traditional and positive psychology, and Stoicism, via social media, blogs, lectures, and workshops.
1. Chief Medical Director at Rama Krishna Healthcare, a multi-clinic that serves a semi-urban population in Delhi, since 2001.
2. Content Development Manager at Elsevier Clinical Specialties for a brief period in 2007. Worked on the initial phase of the ECAB (Elsevier Clinical Assessment Board) pilot project.
3. Medical Officer at Kailash Hospital, Prakash Hospital, and Dharamshila Hospital, at various times before 2001.
Personal motto: “Happiness is more than a smile.”
1. Psychiatric Disorders in Pregnancy in the textbook Selected Topics in Obstetrics and Gynaecology For Postgraduates and Practitioners, 2009.
2. Critique of positive psychology and positive interventions in The Routledge International Handbook of Critical Positive Psychology, 2018.