Medical Doctor and Positive Psychology Writer in New Delhi, India
Hi, I'm Sandip Roy. I am a Medical Doctor and Positive Psychology Blogger. I am currently living in New Delhi, India.
My interests range from Positive Psychology to Bionics to Cosmology. I read around 20 books a year. I am also interested in writing, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
I'm the founder and chief editor of the positive psychology blog from India, Happiness India Project.
I also speak to corporate, student, and general audience on Happiness Science. I talk on how one can raise their happiness levels, and how being happier can bring sweepingly positive changes to one's personal and professional stories. My happiness techniques are based on psychological research.
Happiness India Project is a resource site to read science-based articles on well-being and happiness. The project is also about coaching, engaging, and sharing the authentic science of well-being and life-satisfaction, via social media, blogs, lectures, and workshops.
I'm a medical doctor registered with Medical Council of India. I have been practicing as general practitioner and family physician since the year 2000.
1. Chief Medical Director at RamaKrishna Healthcare, a multi-clinic that serves a semi-urban population in Delhi, since 2001.
2. Content Development Manager at Elsevier Clinical Specialties for a brief period in 2007. Worked on the initial phase of the ECAB (Elsevier Clinical Assessment Board) pilot project.
3. Medical Officer at Kailash Hospital, Prakash Hospital, Dharamshila Hospital, at various times before 2001.
Personal motto: "Let's bring more meaning into our lives."
1. Psychiatric Disorders in Pregnancy in the textbook Selected Topics in Obstetrics and Gynaecology For Postgraduates and Practitioners, 2009.
2. Critique of positive psychology and positive interventions in The Routledge International Handbook of Critical Positive Psychology, 2018.