Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Omar Santos is a Senior Incident Manager of Cisco’s Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) where he mentors and leads engineers and incident managers during the investigation and resolution of security vulnerabilities in all Cisco products. Omar has over 19 years of experience (15 at Cisco) working with information technology and cyber security. Omar has designed, implemented, and supported numerous secure networks for Fortune 500 companies and the U.S. government. Prior to his current role, he was a technical leader within the World Wide Security Practice and Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC), where he taught, led, and mentored many engineers within both organizations.
Omar is an active member of the security community, where he leads several industry-wide initiatives and standard bodies. His active role helps businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants that are dedicated to increasing the security of the critical infrastructure.
Omar is the author of four books, numerous whitepapers, articles, and security configuration guidelines and best practices. Omar has also delivered numerous technical presentations at conferences and to Cisco customers and partners; as well as many C-level executive presentations to many organizations.
Author of the following books:
• Cisco ASA: All-in-One Firewall, IPS, and VPN Adaptive Security Appliance
• Cisco ASA: All-in-One Firewall, IPS, and VPN Adaptive Security Appliance - 2nd Edition
• Cisco ASA: All-in-one Next-Generation Firewall, IPS, and VPN Services - 3rd Edition
• Cisco Network Admission Control, Volume II: NAC Deployment and Troubleshooting
• End-to-End Network Security: Defense-in-Depth
• Network Security with Netflow and IPFIX: Big Data Analytics for Information Security (to be published in May 2015)