Journalist, Linguist, and Language Specialist
I’m Shahid Akhtar, Hindi/Urdu linguist, living in Ghaziabad, India.
- Translation & Localization
- Linguistic Validation
- Medical:Translated 1,500,000 words of clinical trial studies for new drugs and medical literature. I have done project management of several linguistic validation projects simultaneously for patient-reported outcome. The responsibilities include translation and cultural adaptation of questionnaires and reports and recruiting and interviewing patients for validating the translated text.
- Technical:More than 7,500,000 words of Finance, commercial, IT, Industry, legal, educational and other documents translated from English to Hindi.
- Literature: Translated one novel, one collection of short stories, numerous short stories and poems in Hindi and Urdu.
- Website Localization:I have translated website content for dozens of websites.
- Journalistic: I retired a few months ago as a News Editorwith the Press Trust of India (PTI), New Delhi. In my journalistic career, spanning more than 25 years, I have translated & edited more than 20,000,000 words of news reports, features and articles.
- Others: Creatively translated brochures, certificates & publicity materials for several agencies and organizations.