BIJAY LAL SHRESTHA
PO Box 19274,Bakra Galli 27, Miteri Marga, Purano Baneshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: 977-1-4471171(Home); Mobile: 980-811-8961
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Shresthabj @ hotmail.com, email@example.com
Links/websites: www.linkedin.com/pub/bijay-shrestha, www.facebook.com/shresthabj,
OBJECTIVE Looking for a senior position to build on the good relationship established in Kayin State to help develop the state and its uprooted people in the capacity of Programme Coordinator/Project Manager / Team Leader / Adviser.
QUALIFICATIONS • Fifteen Years experience in international development, humanitarian projects and post –conflict/disaster recovery, rehabilitation projects in Myanmar , Cambodia, Laos, East Timor, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka and Nepal
• Experience of working in the post-conflict UN Missions in Cambodia (UNTAC), Afghanistan (UNAMA), Sierra Leone (UNAMSIL), East Timore (UNAMET).
• Extensive experience of working with the UN, the World Bank, INGOs, NGOs, governments and CBOs
• Experience of working in Emergency relief/ Post-conflict areas in multicultural setting, hazardous and remote areas of developing countries.
• Specialization on humanitarian works, post-conflict, recovery and rehabilitation projects, Project Management of international development, Coordination, Water and Sanitation and DRR.
• Project evaluations done for UNICEF, USC Canada, Redd Barna and AFSC.
• Established Malteser International office in Hpa-an, Kayin State and established fruitful working relationship with the state government to start projects in anticipation of return of refugees from Thai camps.(2013)
• Led and initiated the 3-year Europe AID funded AUP project (budget: 4 million US dollars) that focuses on providing health services, water and sanitation and rights protection for uprooted people, in consortium with ADRA.(2013)
• Established office in Pauktaw Township in Rakhine State under BMZ project and led successfully projects for Cyclone Giri affected communities with support from BMZ, Caritas, DIPECHO, UNHCR, and UNESCO from Sittwe office.(2012)
• Successfully led and coordinated projects carried out for Cyclone Nargis affected communities in Labutta Township, Ayeyarwaddy Division funded by AusAID (Caritas Australia), BMZ, and ECHO.(2010)