St. Michaels Tourism
Small Business Owner and Director in Saint Michaels, Maryland
The historic town of St Michaels dates back to the mid-1600s when it served as a trading post for area tobacco farmers and trappers. In 1677 the Christ Episcopal Church of St Michael Archangel parish was founded in present day St. Michaels and established the name of the town as 'St Michaels'. In 1778 a British land agent, James Braddock, purchased 20 acres and deeded 58 lots.