London, United Kingdom
My name is Demeter Sztanko. People call me Dimi. I am a geek dealing with all aspects of data and data visualisation. I love maps.
Things I currently do for fun:
- Walks.IO - using open data and artificial intelligence to generate nice walking routes in England. Here are some presentation slides on it I did for Geomob 2013/10.
Things I did for fun:
- On Sosltice And City Planning - all streets aligned towards the summer and winter solstice
- Saltaku.com - yet another "where should I live in London" site, with travel time choropleth maps, crosslet and horrible UX
- Borisbikes.saltaku.com - visualisation and some analysis of the popular routes based on data from London Barclays Cycle Hire
- Crosslet - Crossfilter + Leaflet. Have a look
- I also did some talk on how to make maps using D3 in March 2013. 80 slides. Probably outdated by the time you are reading this
- I made my own basemap using Tilemill once, just to realise making maps is actually really hard.
Things I do for living:
I am a data architect. I deal with larger then average datasets, tools from hadoop ecosystem, massively parallel processing systems and data warehouses
Where can you meet me:
- I am there on almost every Geomob
- sometimes you can see me at Openstreetmap drinkups, SOTM and other geo meetups.
Information on hiring:
- I am not for hire
- I am not a front end developer. It is my hobby only.