Surrey, BC, Canada
Video above: "What Student Achievement Means to Me"
Learner ~ Leader ~ Educator ~ Mother
Passionate about learning and sparking the learning in others, I believe in modelling my own learning. I feel strongly about developing relationships with students, parents, teachers, and my colleagues (near and far). It is through developing these relationships that the most profound learning can occur.
Currently, I am a Principal of K-7 school in Langley, BC, Canada where we have approximately 270 students who attend. In that population, we have a highly diverse population of students.
In my time as Principal and Vice-Principal (in Surrey, BC), I have been involved in numerous projects, including, but not limited to:
- Innovative Learning Design Team
- Aboriginal Laptop Project - name of project will be changed to TELAL this year - Technology Enhanced Learning for Aboriginal Learners.
- Digital Playground Sessions for staff members.
- Attendance Matters Project
- Formative Assessment Book Club and other Professional Book/Resource Chats
- Family Literacy Implementation
- School Blogs - including design, promotion, moderating, and updating.
- Developing and maintaining our school Youtube and Twitter accounts.
- Guided Reading Implementation
At a district level, I have been involved in:
- Digital Sandbox Sessions for Administrators (planning and presenting)
- Digital Coach for administrator colleagues
- Exemplar Project for SurreySchools.ca