lawyer and Project Manager in Gold Coast, Australia
Tony Hickey is the Founder and Chairman of Hickey Lawyers.
Born on 16 January 1956, Tony Hickey has always lived and worked on the Gold Coast.
On 24 April 1979, Tony was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland after having obtained a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from University of Queensland.
Tony was a founding Partner in one of the largest legal firms on the Gold Coast, Rapp Hickey Morgan Power before he established his own business, Hickey Lawyers, in 1993.
Hickey Lawyers has grown from a small start, with a staff of 12 people, to become one of the largest legal firms on the Gold Coast, with a staff of over 60.
Tony has gained extensive experience and particular expertise in Property Development, Tourism and Construction Law and Commercial Litigation.
For more than three decades, Tony has worked with virtually every major developer conducting business on the Gold Coast and in northern New South Wales.
His expertise is also regularly called on by International companies and investors looking for an Australian representative for their legal and business affairs.
Tony’s main areas of practice include:
- Client development and management.
- Business development and management.
Furthermore, Tony has always maintained a keen involvement in community and charity work.
His roles include the following:
- Chairman of the Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal for South East Queensland since 2000. Responsible for raising on average in excess of $1 million per annum for the Salvation Army.
- Director of Titans Rugby League Pty Ltd.
- Chairman of School Council at Somerset College, Gold Coast.
- Contributor to the Bond University Vice Chancellor’s Mentoring Program for Indigenous Education and Engagement.
- Deputy Chair of Bleached Arts Ltd Board.
- Committee member of the Salvation Army Queensland Advisory Board.
- Trustee of Gold Coast City Council Mayoress’ Charity Fund.